Tuesday, April 24, 2007

listen for the quiet sobs

I hate packing stuff up. It makes everything seem to final, cramming all that rubbish into two bags. I suppose it's supposed to seem final because it is final.

Yes, tomorrow I leave Whistler for good (for a while) I'm coming back at some point in the next few years to have another rocking time. As I sit here rather bored with my hands on my keyboard and my mind already flying home (It's a new method to avoid jet-lag) I can't help but wonder what, if anything, I've learnt about myself in the six months I've been here...

a) Once positive with women - stay positive. I really shouldn't get tied down with a stupid crush, missing any other chances that come my way.

b) Take chances. I've been doing that so much more since I've been here. It's great to do something, whether it's chatting up the pretty girl at the bar or a black diamond run. After all, you've always got insurance covering your back.

c) Don't like it? Change it! I wasn't really happy with my old flatmates, or my old flat. Yet I stayed for ages, only moving when most of the season was over. Since then I've had a whale of a time.


And now the honour roll. I've missed people off here, but that doesn't mean I don't love you too. Ouch, double negative. I'm going to raise a glass and toast...

Matt - to moderatly attrative women!
Carleen - My favourite Aussie
Toby - You like? I like Uncle Phil!
Rob - Canucks vs Kings and the drinking that followed!

And of course, the ultimate toast that I heard only a few days ago yet I feel sums up Whistler and everyone's attitudes.

Suck it up Princess!

At least it's clean.


1 comment:

Lucy Ann Wade said...

Let us know when you're back in good old Blighty and we'll throw you a welcome home party!