Friday, May 11, 2007

head to Devon

Not heaven. That would imply I'm dead, which I'm not. I really can't think of anything funnier to say to begin with. So I thought I'd rhyme one word with another and make a bad joke. It seems to work when Graham Norton does it, although maybe without the wink and outrageously gay oooooooo the joke doesn't work. Plus all his jokes are about penises (peni?) so I'll stop right now and concentrate on what I really want to say.

Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen and frogs and toads and other assorted pond scum, I'm moving to Devon. Consider this an exclusive, although most people know already. I'm going to be a PGL instructor, which seems like fun.

Despite the fact that I have been told I should be working for Acorn I'm going to live in a chalet on the south coast for a good 1-2-3-4-5 Five months! Which will see me down there learning new skills and dancing around like a drunken loon, as well as earning a pittance, reminding myslef that 'its the experience that counts.'

I know I should get a real job. I know I should stop pissing around and making you lot all jealous (because I know you are) but I just can't seem to sit still. And its not because of piles or asteroids or any other horrible yet amusing arse disease. I've just got itchy feet.

Maybe I'm searching for something. Maybe I'm searching for someone. Maybe I'm just too fidgety.

But its exciting. I run around and don't stop and get worried (not stressed, I don't do stress) when things look like they won't work out, I marvel when they work out perfectly. Its probably that rush of trying new things that is keeping me away from you all, and I apologise to all of you that feel neglected (especially people in Leicester, I never seem to be able to get to you lot).

However, this summer I'm only in devon. And it's not even five hours from most of you, so I feel that you should all come and bloody see me. I realise that this may seem presumptuous, as I haven't even met the poor sod who will be sharing a chalet with me and he might not like it, but I say fuck 'im, no one likes him anyway (wanker) Come and say hello, and I promise we'll have a larf.

Larf is so much more fun to type than laugh.

Stay jumping

Phil

1 comment:

Hannah said...

well PGL are actually better I think, better pay and uniform and living conditions, especially if you work in the UK... I just have a soft spot for Acorn... and there's nothing wrong with working Seasons! met plenty of people who do Summer and Winter Seasons, it seems like an awesome life if you don't mind not contributing to a pension or buying a house or anything, an you can always go into managment at the companies you work for, or find a rich lady to marry...

what you instructing? you gona get some BCU/BSA qualifications?