Tuesday, March 6, 2007

follow the complaints

I had a customer today who couldn't speak a word of English. He was French Canadian through and through. Unfortunately there was no one at work today who can speak French better than me so I had to serve him. Now those of you who worked with me in France will know that my French is bad to moderately bad.

Now this bloke didn't slow down his talking, didn't say any English words that he may have picked up - after all he lives in an bi-lingual country you'd think that he would have learn some words. So eventually we managed to sort out his problem and everyone smiled triumphantly. Apart from the gentleman (sorry, dickhead) who then proceeded to complain that no one spoke French.

I'm sorry, but if you've managed to sort out a problem with someone who doesn't speak your language properly you do not stick around to complain, because the chances are the poor sods will not be able to understand you and you will end up more frustrated. Lucky for him I understood his complaint and decided to answer in the fastest, most brummie English that I could muster.

He walked off seething. I smiled.




Oh and another thing my Mom e-mailed me to say that HSBC is charging £25 pounds a day for going overdrawn. What! Why are they charging me money I obviously don't have? Dickheads. I may well be declaring bankrupcy when I get home dudes, something that I'll look forwards to.

Rock on dudes

2 comments:

Lucy Ann Wade said...

You're lucky - they charged me £75 once. HSBC are evil.

morphean ramble said...

there's loads of hoohah at the moment about taking them to court and stuff. It's been all in the papers.