Wednesday, March 21, 2007

hear this apology

Sorry people. Sorry for me being in Canada. Sorry for still being in Canada, and sorry for staying in Canada. I'm sure those of you in Canada don't mind and those at home can live without me for a while. After all, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Fonder and fonder.... I see that I may have trouble keeping people - especialy women - away from me when I get back. So, for those back in the UK, as your heart grows fonder and fonder of me should be aware of these following points:

  • I'm not losing weight (some of my flabby bits may have turned to muscle)
  • I'm not any more confident with women (which probably leads to the next point)
  • I'm not falling in love (but I still get objects of affection)
  • I'm not a professional snowboarder (but I'm decent)
  • I'm not so much of a pushover (you want me to put that where?)
  • I'm not any taller (in fact I may have shrunk)
  • I'm not cutting my hair properly (why bother, I'm a no-good hippy traveller)
  • I'm not becoming a gentleman (you should hear some of the smut that I've been saying)
So there you go. After a few months of your heart growing fonder hopefully that will knock your opinion of me down a few pegs. After all I don't want to come home and have to live up to all your expectations. After all, I'm only human.

The point

Self-centred? Oh no, you've taken that completely the wrong way. I've not become a egotystical self-absorbed dickhead. It's just that for the last few days I've been trapped in a evil downhill slump that has made me look at myself with a ridiculously critical light. I almost cried, before realising that I do in fact have some good points. And if I looked closely I could see good points in the negative points. I think that if we use too narrow a window too look at ourselves then we miss the true splendor of the landscape.

I think that the last of these points was driven home today on the mountain. So sorry Carleen for moaning all day on the hill, and sorry to anyone who has just read this entire blog and realised that I've not actually said anything of importance. But then, I think that you should read it again.

Still waiting for you

Phil

No comments: