Friday, March 9, 2007

listen for the screams of indecision

ARgghhhhhhhh! What to do? What should I do? Why won't someone make this decison for me? Why can't I make this decision for myself. I've asked people and got different answers, asked the same person twice and got a different answer, asked two people different questions and got the same answer.

No, I'm not going to regale you with another tale of failed chat-up lines and girls that wriggled out of my grasp before they even fall into my embrace. Even though that is about to happen again. But that's a different story for a different day, maybe you'll get lucky and I'll get drunk and tell you all. At this moment however I'm talking to you about where I'm going to go once this Whistler adventure is over.

The way I see it is that I have four major choices. I'm sure there are others but seeing as I'm having such trouble with the first four I won't even search for any more. So what are these choices?

1. Stay in Whistler
2. Go to Vancouver
3. Go to Toronto
4. Go home

1, 2, 3, 4. All have a plus or minus, all with reasons for and against, all with people I want to see and people to run from. So what do I do? Where do I go?

I think that I need to make a decsion, just to put my mind at rest. I'm getting good hours at work and unless I go silly with my money I can afford all four. But I need to make a choice. I think this week I may have made a very serious decision about the direction I want my life to head, although people may not think I'm being serious.

I may leave it to chance. I may jump in the air and see where I land, I may turn a card. But one thing is for sure, I'm making my decision by the end of this week, which will be the 11th of the month of March. If I have no resolution by then you may all strike me down with a bolt of lightening. If you have one.

Forever yours

Phil

2 comments:

morphean ramble said...

are there any visa issues or the like, you being an alien and all that?

Lucy Ann Wade said...

It might be good to see some more of the country, though we all miss you back home too!

Let us know what you decide.